Monday, October 5, 2009

Embracing New Directions

Well, that contemporary romance that took over my life is done. It's with my crit partner after having sailed through my beta group. Almost no fixes and the few were minor. I'm amazed.

And I really enjoyed it, too. Not just the idea, but the entire writing of this novel. Sure, I still had to do research, but nothing like I have to do for historicals. And the book just flowed. No issues, no bounces, no wondering of what to do here or where to go there. Just smooth sailing, like milk and honey.

I'm quite excited by it all. It'll be interesting to see what my agent has to say about it, but I'm hoping she enjoys it. And also hoping she wants me to do more contemporaries. Because I have more ideas bubbling now.

The possibilities are endless, which is exciting in its own way. Truly, I can't wait to see which idea takes over next, whether contemporary, historical, or something else.

I love this ride, and I never want to get off.

X&O,
Marie Gerrard

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home