Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Romance...Historical Romance

Hello romantics!

Yes, I'm one of you. I happen to be a writer as well, and I do love a love story. While I like all kinds, I'm partial to historical romance. Give me a charming rogue, a winking pirate, a damsel in distress who can handle more than the menfolk think, an old country manor, a knight in shining or even blackened armor, or any other historical option, and I'm happy. Add in at least one horse and I'm ecstatic.

I look to my heroes and heroines for inspiration and also example. The writers I love and admire have blogs. Therefore, I now have a blog. I hope to fill it with interesting writing and romance-related things. I'll strive to follow the most important rule of fiction -- first, create no boredom.

So here's to the start of a beautiful friendship. I'll be seeing you, kids.

X&O,
Marie Gerrard

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous WKEverhart said...

Maybe I'll start to read romance. Haven't read any since the first marriage hit the skids. The second marriage was a horror novel, and the third? Maybe..romance. For a long time I equated love with stomach gas.
:D

January 26, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home